Maternal and Children Health Needs for TropicalClinics, Kakamega
Services offered will include providing medicine that will reduce the transfer of HIV infection from mother-to-child at birth; modern pre-natal and birthing healthcare to decrease the rate of pregnancy related deaths; and provisions to alleviate malnutrition and vaccine-preventable diseases in children.
We will provide a care model for rural regions in Kenya, and for the rest of Africa, dealing with high rates of maternal and infant mortality and the horror of HIV/AIDS.
- There are 100 times more pregnancy-related deaths in Kenya than in the United States.
- Infant mortality is 10 times higher in Kenya than in the United States.
- Nearly 40% of Kenyan children under the age of five are malnourished.
- Outpatient and admission wards in the Kakamega region are overcrowded with patients.
- Public facilities in the Kakamega region suffer from serious shortages of medical supplies and equipment.
Low-cost, off-patent drugs can stop postpartum hemorrhaging and prevent mothers' deaths in childbirth.
Thousands of women's lives will be saved by making drugs and therapeutic care available to traditional midwives through TropicalClinics Community Outreach program.
What TropicalClinics, Kakamega Will Provide
- Skilled birth-preparedness counseling to prevent maternal mortality
- Pap smear screening for cervical cancer
- Mammogram screening for breast cancer
- Urinalysis for vitamins, minerals and amino acid evaluation
- Ultraviolet therapy to reduce mortality, morbidity and human suffering
- Yearly Vitamin A supplements to strengthen a child’s immune system
- For just $12 a child’s life could be saved from vaccine-preventable disease
Health Units at TropicalClinics, Kakamega
- Surgery Department
- Nursing Department
- Preventive Medicine/Wellness Center
- Community Outreach Program
- Medical Officers
- Clinical Officers
- Public Health Officers
- Laboratory Technicians
- General Surgeons
- Internal Medicine (Physicians)
- Oral Health (Dentists)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Lab Technicians
- Social Workers
- Plans to Hire 110 Employees including Cafeteria Workers, Drivers, Janitors, Security and Grounds Crew
Read more about opportunities to support this initiative, click here.
If you would like to Make a Donation Now, simply click on the button below. Contributions of any size are desperately needed and greatly appreciated!